It’s that time of year again – the weather is (hopefully) getting cooler, you’re no longer sweating when you step outside, Starbucks’ menu is filled with Pumpkin Spice seasonal items, the leaves outside are turning orange, and you’re starting to see everyone put up their Halloween Decorations as well as your friends taking cute photos at Pumpkin Patches.
Well, I’m here to give you the best tips and places near the UT Dallas Campus to take all of your Pumpkin Seasonal Photoshoots! Trust me, I’m a pro at taking photos. 😉
My boyfriend and my friend and his girlfriend went on a cute double-date to take some couple photos at a local pumpkin patch called “Pumpkin Patch on the Corner – Christ United Methodist Church“. Best part – free admission and there are tons of pumpkins!
Tips for Taking Your Seasonal Photos
Obvious you’re going to want to make sure you have the most instagram-worthy lighting and shot when heading out to your local Pumpkin Patch for a cute photoshoot! So here are a few tips to keep in mind when taking photos:
- LIGHTING IS SUPER IMPORTANT! It’s better if you go to a Pumpkin Patch outdoors and during the day (best time: sunset for that golden hour) for taking your photos. This allows your subjects to have enough light for the camera to capture all of the details of your beautiful face and cute snazzy fall-weather ‘fit!
- USE PUMPKINS AS PROPS! FILL your photo with tons of pumpkins! These seasonal fruits are only here for a short time (best time of the year) and you’ll want to make sure you ~capture them all~. But also have fun with the pumpkin! Maybe do some cool shorts where you’re holding the pumpkin above your head like that one scene in Lion King, maybe do a freeze-frame in mid-air of you throwing your pumpkin upwards (just make sure to capture it), or even have it covering your face and so some cool photoshop/Picart tricks!
- USE PORTRAIT MODE (IF APPLICABLE)! Some of the newer generation smartphones have Portrait Mode (or equivalent), if your phone has this – definitely try and use it! Typically this will blur the background and have your subjects stand out a bit more!
Locations Nearby for Your Pumpkin Needs
Here’s some locations for you nearby UTD to go do a fun Pumpkin Photoshoot or double-date with some friends (remember: social distance)!
- Pumpkin Patch on the Corner – Christ United Methodist Church (Plano, TX)
- Pumpkin Patch @ Saint James Episcopal Church (Dallas, TX)
- Hall’s Pumpkin Farm & Corn Maze (Grapevine, TX) – FREE general admission during the week ($5 for the corn maze), $10-15 on weekends for general admission and corn maze.
- Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch (Flower Mound, TX)
Be sure to share your cute pumpkin photoshoot pics with us @utdcometlife and using the hashtag #utdcometlife!